Dear members and friends of Bethel,
As of July 23, 2020 Governor DeWine has ordered masks in all public places. This order DOES apply to Bethel Friends Church. You can see the order at this link:
So, Bethel has 2 options. People can attend with masks and the expectations outlined below, or people can still stay home and have the virtual option. It will continue to be on video the same as it has been. This will be a personal decision we ask everyone to make. We will have the following expectations (some of these you may have seen before) for those that attend:
- We will limit the sanctuary to less than fifty percent of its capacity.
- Please go directly to your seat, no congregating inside.
- We expect people to maintain social distancing at all times. No hugging, shaking hands, etc.
- If you are sick stay home and DO NOT feel guilty. If you come to church and you are showing signs of sickness, we may ask you to leave.
- If you have a compromised immune system stay home and DO NOT feel guilty. Actually, we encourage you to stay home.
- We want to emphasize this strongly: If your immune system is compromised in any way please stay home.
- Your immune system could be compromised if you: are elderly, are diabetic, are going through cancer treatment, have a respiratory issues, are sick in another way.
- If you are a caregiver of a person with a compromised immune system stay home.
- If you do not feel comfortable coming to church because of the concern of COVID-19 stay home.
- During this time, no one should feel compelled to come to our church gathering.
- Our leadership should not feel compelled to attend the church gathering.
- Bottom line, we would like you to seek the Lord’s leading about whether or not you should attend the worship service. Use your reasoning ability. Talk to your doctor. Seek guidance from others. We respect your decision.
Let’s us remember that we have nothing to fear. Our God is in control and let’s remain in prayer as that is most important (Philippians 4:6-7).
God is our refuge and strength,
A very present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change
And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea…
Bethel Friends elders
Do you know Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
The Gospel can be summed up with the acronym below:
God created us to be with him. (Genesis 1-2)
Our sin separated us from God. (Genesis 3)
Sins cannot be removed by good deeds (Gen 4-Mal 4)
Paying the price for sin, Jesus died and rose again. (Matthew – Luke)
Everyone who trusts in him alone has eternal life. (John – Jude)
Life that’s eternal means we will be with Jesus forever. (Revelation 22:5)